<VV> steering box lube

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Fri May 4 12:57:43 EDT 2007

---- Tony Underwood <tonyu at roava.net> wrote:
> At 10:00 AM 5/4/2007, Bob Gilbert wrote:
> >An old alignment mechanic told me to use Lubriplate 105. Regular
> >grease is too stiff and gear lube runs out too easy.

There WAS a special gear lube available from GM for steering boxes. Not anymore.  Last time I checked, the only dealer that had any on the shelf was in Western NY---Gillogly Chevrolet in Cheektowaga (thats the same town the Airport is in for those of you who were with us for the National last year)

May still have some--I was going to buy it up a couple years ago when I went up there, but I didn't have the bread to spare.

Hank