<VV> Corvairs with Wings & Kitplanes Magazine June 2007 Article

Tamias Metis korvayrouille66 at yahoo.com
Sat May 5 19:52:18 EDT 2007

The June 2007 issue of KITPLANES has a nice article on a completed Corvair powered Zenith Zodiac 601 XL.    Certainly,  it is nice to see very favorable, positive  press on the Vair powerplant  rather than the usual stuff like the poster child for automotive safety,  world's worst automobiles list,  lemons list,  USAAS- and ol' wrinkle suit Ralph,  etc..       One thing you can be certain of:  the flying crowd,  as crazy as we  might  figure them to be,  are  very sharp and know their stuff----unlike us roadwarrors,  they don't have the option of pulling over and calling AAA.                        Here is an interesting bit of Corvair  aircraft  and how the aircraft folks pick a 110 engine.   Seems they prefer  candidates originally mated to a PG because this limits the rev abuse potential that the engine would have been subjected to  during the many years rolling the roads.   The following  is something that  I stumbled across during a GOOGLE search for something else.
 + picking a vair engine for aircraft use +     see        http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/corvair/donors.html                Also see an outstanding aviation example,  Mark Langford's   KR 25  Corvair  Engine    http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/corvair/              Outstanding stuff  and yet still informative for those of us that keep our feet on the ground (or gas pedal)  instead of reaching for the stars.                Tamias  Metis