<VV> front spoilers

Jim McLott Jim.McLott at DOR.GA.GOV
Sat May 5 23:55:03 EDT 2007

Connie,

Chuck is right; the front spoiler will make a noticeable difference.  Christine is a '66 and had lost her spoiler somewhere in the past, so I got one of the Camaro spoilers from one of the Corvair vendors and it helped quite a bit.

Chuck, thanks for the advice on front tire pressure.  I too run 24 front and 32 rear and will try 20 in front the next time I take Christine out.

Jim McLott & Christine, the 1966 Monza convertible wonder-car
Member: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta, Heart of GA Corvairs and Group Red (ret.)
http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/groupred/mclott.htm

________________________________

From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org on behalf of BBRT
Sent: Sat 5/5/2007 9:53 PM
To: Connie; virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> front spoilers

You must have a front spoiler.  You may want to lower your front tire
pressures.  Run them down to 20 psi and try it. I think 24 may be too high.
Originally, GM specified something like 18 in the front...The car didn't get
any lighter in these many years, even if we did go to radials.  :>)  Keep
raising the front tire pressure and you will feel the point where the front
end feels "light"  Cross winds make it worse. You need to lower from that
point.

Chuck S