<VV> Light in front> front spoilers>Corvair-related

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Sun May 6 12:20:16 EDT 2007

Re: <VV> front spoilers
  Sometime ago, with my 3/4T Hvy Duty Chev I replaced all four tires.  The tire place filled them to sidewall stated max of 80 psi all around and said "That is what we put in them" regardless of the door sticker which said 45 psi F and 80 psi R. I suspected it would be very light in the front and it was, almost like the front was on slippery wet surface or even ice.  I kept reducing pressure to 50 psi where I left it, running 78 psi in the rear.  Even with all the weight in the front, Chev had the front dialed in to use a much lower pressure than one might think... I did have excellent even tire wear at my pressures, and towed as far as Fargo ND from VA, etc. (As another data point, the 1 T. '03 Duramax Crew Cab long bed dually states 65 psi all around).

  Chuck S
  BBRT