<VV> re:VV ticking...sideline to ahh...darn...part 2

mark at noakes.com mark at noakes.com
Mon May 7 12:47:03 EDT 2007

I know this wasn't directed at my problem, but I basically did this
check on mine Sunday PM though with 5 years olds questioning every step
things went a little slow.

I haven't pulled the head yet, but nothing unusual in the way the
valves were sitting that would indicate any seat problems...didn't
think mine was that anyway though that was my worst fear, but I did
pull all of the rockers and push rods looking for worn, warped, or
cracked parts and didn't find anything wrong that I could see...however
one of the rockers on #2 cylinder was pretty loose even though
tightened down and cranking it down some while running didn't seem to
make any difference...???

Do I vaguely remember that a lifter can fail collapsed?  Never had
that happen before...  It didn't seem to be getting as much travel as
the others though that may have been my imagination...this is an
original cam...not a regrind and it's been in the car and doing fine
for a long time.

Any thoughts?

Guess I really have to pull things apart...but I don't really have
time right now.

Mark Noakes