<VV> Re: Was "Inquiry", Now EM Windshield availability

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Tue May 8 00:22:16 EDT 2007

Hi Steve, and welcome!

You asked:
Hi Guys and Girls   --- This is my first shot at e-mailing V V so look over
my mistakes for now. I have owned many late model corvairs and have replaced
windshields in them, but my question is; what is the availability of early model
windshields these days? I have been reading V V for about three months now,
and even though I have owned about thirty Corvairs at sometime or another I
have learned a lot from your input in V V. Thanks in advance.   ---   Steve

Craig replies:
The domestic mfrs stopped making the EM windshield several years ago.
There's a South American outfit called Mygrant Glass that picks up the production of
popular obsolete windshields and the EM windshield is available through them
- that's the good news.  The bad news is that you can't purchase directly from
them, you have to have your glass installer get it for you.  Not all bad
though 'cause now we know what to ask for and if they get it for you and break it
while installing it, the replacement is on their nickel.  I purchased one of
these windshields about three years ago for a customer's car.  The glass was
perfect and considering that you couldn't get one for a while, the cost (I'm
recollecting $300 or so, installed) was only mildly disturbing.
Craig Nicol
65,66,67,68