<VV> Chirp-Chirp

Brandes, Guy GBrandes at loebermotors.com
Tue May 8 12:32:50 EDT 2007

Hi Bob,

I have the same type of noise coming from my left rear and I replaced
the u- joints and it didn't change.  I'm going to Larry Claypool's shop
this week end for a suspect rear wheel bearing.  The noise does change
with wheel  rotation but does not change with braking.  I don't know if
you can wait that long but if you can I'll let you know in a couple of
weeks or you can e-mail Larry at The Vair Shop.

Regards,

Guy Brandes

A local club member asks me:

"I have a chirping coming from the right rear on my 65 Corsa.  Axle
bearing, wheel bearing, universal joint?  I really need to get this
addressed as it is preventing me from driving my car at a high rate of
speed."

Not having much late model experience, I say... um, er ah...  Anyone out
there know best where to begin to look, based on this description?

--Bob

are the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/