<VV> flywheel vibration?

Steve Brennan alohaz at ca.rr.com
Tue May 8 21:06:56 EDT 2007

My '62 Spyder has had the typical flywheel "rattle" since I bought it a year or so ago. (It has rarely been driven while undergoing restoration.)  I have ordered a Dale bolted flywheel and am making preparations to drop the drivetrain to fix that problem.  However, in the past month or two, the engine has developed a vibration that first becomes noticeable around 2500-3000 RPMs.  Could this be caused by the flywheel, or should I be planning on doing some other work while the engine is out?  Is there a way to diagnose the source of the vibration?

Thanks in advance,
Steve Brennan