low milage?, was: <VV> Gorgeous 69 4-speed 140 hp Vert on E-bay

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Wed May 9 11:47:44 EDT 2007

I wonder about the "low milage" thing myself. On eBay I see that phrase
used all the time on Fieros (vintage '84-8) that have as much as 46,000
miles on them. Sure, for a car that is expected to last at least 150,000
miles or more, that's "nicely broken in" status. But LOW MILAGE?

My thought is that at a certain point, age makes milage become
irrelevant. Only something under 10,000 miles could be termed low
milage, and even then, that something might have to be considerably
UNDER 10,000 miles to qualify.

A 46,000 mile car is still a 46,000 mile car, regardless of age. And a
lot of wear can be put on a car in 46,000 miles.

-Mark