<VV> low mileage

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Wed May 9 12:14:11 EDT 2007

Mark said:
I wonder about the "low milage" thing myself. On eBay I see that phrase
used all the time on Fieros (vintage '84-8) that have as much as 46,000
miles on them. Sure, for a car that is expected to last at least 150,000
miles or more, that's "nicely broken in" status. But LOW MILAGE?

My thought is that at a certain point, age makes milage become
irrelevant. Only something under 10,000 miles could be termed low
milage, and even then, that something might have to be considerably
UNDER 10,000 miles to qualify.

Craig opines:
I agree in their description of 46K as low mileage.  The worst case Fiero in
your example only got 4600/year compared to the average of 8-15k per year;
that's certainly lower than average.  AFIR, the '69 on ebay has 33k.  That
means it has only traveled 846 miles per year.  Jeez, what will it take to
let the guy tout this virtue?  IMHO, this is near the minimum a car could be
driven without getting really stale.  I think anyone on this list who had a
car with 33k (or 46k) would list that as a virtue; I would.
JMHO
Craig