<VV> Re: low mileage

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Wed May 9 12:46:02 EDT 2007

Consider this point. If you'd say that 2,000 miles a year is low milage,
what if you had a Model T? The car'd be almost a hundred years old, and
if it had "only" 2,000 miles put on it for every year, that would mean
it would have nearly 200,000 miles! THAT is "low milage" ??? By who's
standard, Methuselah's? And in that 200,000 miles, how many times has it
been reworked? With a Model T, it would have to have been reworked
several times, as no original T could withstand that much milage. It
simply wasn't designed for it, not to mention that the longevity
technology wasn't there, either.

No, my point is that the term "low milage" becomes meaningless as the
years and decades accumulate. Not to knock Ken's car in any way (as I
happen to have a '67 with 33,000 miles on it myself), but after a while
the "low milage" idea really becomes a moot point, and particularly if
the car's been reworked.

BTW I also happen to know the history of this particular '69, and it's
pretty extensive. So if you are thinking "low milage" and "original" in
the same thought, forget it.

-Mark