<VV> 140 pinging

Pitts10ch at aol.com Pitts10ch at aol.com
Wed May 9 17:56:02 EDT 2007

Sorry, my bad, 93 it is and ping she does.  Now I am really  confused.  The
timing marks go from 0 to 16 on this beast.  The book  says 18 degrees at idle,
 vacuum advance disconnected, and warm.  I'm  quite sure I am missing
something here.  I do remember that the previous  owner said he jetted the carbs so I
am assuming that we have more fuel flowing  through than stock.  I drove it
before he did that and it pinged then  too.  Hmmmmm.  I just blew out the
cooler and it was clean as a  whistle.  As soon as the wife can cover the baby for
a few I will check the  timing and leave the distributor loose from some road
testing and  timing checks.  I will advise what I find.  Thanks.

CH