<VV> "low mileage" Corvairs and any vehicle old enough to

Padgett pp3 at 6007.us
Thu May 10 08:48:54 EDT 2007

>there's an '88 with 69,900 on it, described as "low milage". I 'bout
>fell off my chair laughing!

Dunno about anyone else but I would consider a 20 year old car with 69k to
be "low milage", that figures to 3.5k per year and modern computer cars are
generally good for 200k miles. Frankly I would be more concerned about less
mileage since would have to figure on major seal replacement - three
factors lead to deterioration: miles, exposure (sun), and age. Different
elements are affected by each.

Padgett

ps this is one area where a Carfax *may* be of help for newer cars -
sometimes you can see a logical progression.