<VV> "low mileage" Corvairs and any vehicle old enough to

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Thu May 10 16:38:27 EDT 2007

Au contrare! First off, who says that an old car (even a Corvair) can't
go 200,000 miles or better? Heck, my '84 Impala has over a quarter
million miles, and all the fancier it has is a "computer" carb. Compare
those with my '03 Cavalier, which barfed its engine at a mere 77,000
miles. So much for old-car vs new-car comparisons.

Second, ANY car with almost 70,000 miles on it is STILL high-milage, in
my book. Dividing milage by age mostly becomes a meaningless
intellectual curiosity after about 10 or 15 years. Besides, you said it
yourself. Even AGE takes its toll, so what "wear" the car doesn't get on
the road, it gets sitting.

So I'd still have to ridicule the idea that that car was "low miles".
Not with me it isn't. That's my viewpoint and I'm sticking with it.

-Mark, STILL LMAO!