<VV> 1969 owners

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Sat May 12 19:01:15 EDT 2007

Steve,

There were plenty of subtle changes in '69. The most notable was the
change to the clutch pedal cable (which of course this car doesn't
have). Also the brake lines were wrapped in strategic spots with wire,
and the front brake cylinders changed. The front side lights were
changed as well. Plus the blue and green interior upholstery are a
one-year color. I'd go on, but it's best read in the '69 Spotter's
Guide, which the vendors sell. Well worth the price.

Pertaining to the car which you're looking at, the only concern you
should have is whether the repair is correctable or fatal. I'd recommend
having a professional body man look it over. Other than that, if you DO
deem it worth your while and buy it, I'd recommend having the engine
rebuilt with flat-top pistons and non-smog heads, as the "domed" smogger
engines (95 & 110) are notorious for engine detonation, particuarly
without the smogger on it.

-Mark