<VV> clutch slipping... I think

Cash Case cash.case at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 13 14:47:26 EDT 2007

Hi guys. This has probably been asked before about a hundred times,
but ... here's a hundred and one.
I took my '65 Corsa out last week and had a great time. It has a few
problems I noticed while adjusting the lifters.
While accelerating I noticed what I'm pretty sure is the clutch
slipping. My question is, Do I have to remove the engine and
transaxle to replace the clutch and fly wheel. Can I support the
transaxle and the engine and lower them six or eight inches and then
unbolt the transaxle and slide it forward. Then unbolt the flywheel
and put in the new clutch and flywheel.
I know this sounds odd, but I live in an apartment and they will most
assuredly frown on me removing the motor and transaxle.

Another problem I found was at least a couple of the push rods are
bent, but other than not spinning I don't think they will be a
problem as long I'm not doing crazy stuff. I have some other push
rods that are used. I don't know if there is anyone making new push
rods for these. Can I use the used pushrods?

thanks guys-
-C

Cash Case
cash.case at sbcglobal.net