<VV> clarks ultimate heater kit- questions

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Mon May 14 13:38:01 EDT 2007

I am just beginning to install my clarks ultimate heater kit, and have run accross a small problem, and a question to go with it.

The heater kit came with a metal blower fan-  This blower fan is a little shorter then the plastic fan that came out with the old motor.  When you install the metal blower fan on the new motor it came with in the kit and put the nut on that holds the fan down there is about 1/4 of an inch of a gap between the tightened down nut and the top of the fan.  The only thing that would hold the fan in place is the set screw, and that cant be good!

Is the new metal fan that came with the kit or the plastic fan better?  I see clarks sells the plastic fan as an upgrade, that confuses me as well.  Re-using the plastic fan (which by the way has a strange "H" emblem with what looks like a shifter through the middle of it stamped in it.. almost looks like an old hurst emblem or something) seems to be the best solution but I hate to throw out a brand new part I paid for without good reason.... which fan is better? If the plastic fan is better why did the kit come with this metal fan that doesnt seem to fit right?

Thanks in advance!

Ray Rodriguez