<VV> clarks ultimate heater kit- questions

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 14 15:14:19 EDT 2007

The original heater fans were metal with a separate (pressed on as I recall)
metal cap on the end.  Over time the cap would come (rust probably) loose
and the cap would turn faster than the fan (squirrel cage) and make a heck
of a squeal noise.  The plastic fans were all one piece and considered
better at replacement time as they did not have that squeal problem.

I've not seen the "new" fans you refer to, but if the construction is
similar to the original fans, I'd stick with the plastic one.

Later, JR

CCE and CORSA member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater 500 Coupe "icemobile" 4/140 (50%)