<VV> No Spark Knock ?

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Wed May 16 10:57:32 EDT 2007

In a message dated 5/16/07 7:25:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jallenm at comcast.net writes:

> I own a nice 64 Vair 4 speed with a 95HP Engine .  The GM shop manual says
> to  set Timing 2 degrees BTDC .  Corvair Basics says 6 Degrees . I am running
> 11 to 12 degrees with no spark knock , unless I am lugging at low speed in
> 4th Gear .

Welcome to the group!  You've got the BEST  "overall"  street engine ever
made!! imo!  That's why!

You should be able to run solid 87 octane..and never ping....8.75 to 1
Compression ratio!

Most of us out west have always been able to run 16 BTDC with the stock
distributor.....why the 6 deg. from GM???  who knows..

Matt