<VV> Compressor Tank

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Wed May 16 13:48:54 EDT 2007

In a message dated 5/16/2007 7:46:24 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dkdewald at pasty.net writes:

Hello  Scotty,

At atmospheric pressure CO2 gas deposits (condenses) into solid  "dry ice" at
-78 C.  CO2 only exists in the liquid state at pressures  greater than 5
atmospheres (about 75 psi).  At room temperature CO2 will  remain liquid in a tank
at about  800psi.

Dale

I didn't know that.  Thanks--I only worked in a lab where they brought  in
huge slabs of dry ice.  Didn't need air conditioning in the summer in  the
Detroit area---good news.

Scotty from Hollyweird