<VV> slightly damaged piston- with picture

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Wed May 16 15:20:07 EDT 2007

I am currently cleaning the carbon off my pistons using a wire brush and found damage on one of them... is this from the valve hitting the piston top?  So far it looks like just the one piston is damaged, but I still have two to clean.

The heads are about to get done by the Corvair Ranch, and the engine has the 180 cam in it.... should I take any action or just let this go?  Should I somehow try to repair this damage (could cause a "hot spot" couldnt it?).

Pic follows:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/DSCF1093.jpg

Ray Rodriguez
65 Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction)