<VV> slightly damaged piston- with picture

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 16 19:34:15 EDT 2007

No hot spot! If you are concerned you could just be sure there are no sharp edges. Chances are that the part number and the .060 are sharper.

Ray Rodriguez <reray at echoes.net> wrote:  I am currently cleaning the carbon off my pistons using a wire brush and found damage on one of them... is this from the valve hitting the piston top? So far it looks like just the one piston is damaged, but I still have two to clean.

The heads are about to get done by the Corvair Ranch, and the engine has the 180 cam in it.... should I take any action or just let this go? Should I somehow try to repair this damage (could cause a "hot spot" couldnt it?).

MIKE KOVACS