Fwd: <VV> No Spark Knock ?

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed May 16 16:56:38 EDT 2007

In a message dated 5/16/2007 10:51:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net writes:

> Why am I hearing so much about Spark knock (detonation) and I am running
> about 5 degrees above Std settings . My Vacuum advance is OK and Centrifugal
>
> Advance is working  in my Distributor .   My Vair is running perfect .

Your engine is running well because you've obviously got everything working
well.  No shroud leaks, clean cooling fins, clean oil cooler, hot spark, no
vacuum leaks, balanced and adjusted carbs etc.  Amazing how well a stock engine
(with or without electronic ignition) will run if everything is clean and
tight.  And the 95HP is arguably the best engine of the lot.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Kensington MD
'64 Brier