<VV> RE: slightly damaged piston

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Thu May 17 11:51:51 EDT 2007

<Snip>
I am currently cleaning the carbon off my pistons using a wire brush and
found damage on one of them... is this from the valve hitting the piston
top?  So far it looks like just the one piston is damaged, but I still have
two to clean.

The heads are about to get done by the Corvair Ranch, and the engine has the
180 cam in it.... should I take any action or just let this go?  Should I
somehow try to repair this damage (could cause a "hot spot" couldnt it?)
<unsnip>

Sand the edges to a smooth, round lip and you should be fine.  I've done
this many times and your engine has already shown happiness with this little
smile.
Craig Nicol