<VV> Need HELP ! Spyder won't start

Lonny Clark lclarkpdx at gmail.com
Fri May 18 18:24:56 EDT 2007

Pull a sparkplug, ground it while still connected to the ignition wire, and
watch for spark while an assistant operates the starter. If you have spark,
it's probably a fuel problem. Squirt some gas directly into the side of the
carb to see if it will start.

It sounds like the fuel pump, or possibly some varnish is holding the inlet
needle closed in the carburetor, or the float is stuck. Tap the carburetor
bowl lightly with a small hammer or a screwdriver, that's usually enough to
move a sticky float. You can also try priming the fuel pump again.

PS: I permanently wired in a remote starter button in the engine
compartment. It makes things like this easier to do alone.

Lonny