<VV> Need Help - Spyder - SOLVED !!

rbkj84 at comcast.net rbkj84 at comcast.net
Fri May 18 20:47:05 EDT 2007

Larry and Lonny:
Thanks for your suggestions - here's what happened: I checked for spark and damn if there wasn't any!! Took the Petronix Ignitor off and put on the ol' points plate.  Still would not start.  Well - then I realized that the points plate would work better if I had remembered to put the rotor back on !!!  By then the battery was dead.  Jumped from my wife's car - And PRESTO - Started!!
So - here's the next question - What causes the Petronix to fail and how did it fail over a period of time - several starts and then engine cut out?
Well - good ol' technology is still a great fall back.
Car is back in the garage and ready for the 4 post lift (Backyard Buddy) which arrives on Tuesday!
Thanks again to L and L for their rapid response.
Info on Petronix ignitor failure greatly appreciated
Regards
Ron