<VV> Need Help - Spyder - SOLVED !!

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Fri May 18 22:38:55 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: <rbkj84 at comcast.net>
Subject: <VV> Need Help - Spyder - SOLVED !!

> Larry and Lonny:
> So - here's the next question - What causes the Petronix to fail and how
did it fail over a period of time - several starts and then engine cut out?
> Ron
*************
Electronics failure ????  I always thought that was designed into those
gadgets ...(g).
Hey, was that a Persnickety I or a Persnickety II ?   This could be GOD
giving you a chance to move up to a model II (g).
.... 8 years is not bad for a 1995 era electronic device ... one failure
mode might be from vibrational stress on the solder joints ...  many circuit
boards about then were switching to surface mount, and now we are finding
out there is a potential problem with vibrational failure ...  anyway, I am
in awe of electronics working at all ... anything with thousands of teensy
things that go pop! and bang! for a living maybe deserve the "cup half full"
approach ...

Reargards, ken campbell, iower