<VV> Tri-State Meet

Dennis & Debbie PLEAU ddpleau at msn.com
Sat May 19 19:04:54 EDT 2007

I'm at the annual Tri-State meet, this year in Monte Vista, CO, getting
ready for the banquet.  Attendance is a little down this year with only
about 28 cars in the car show.  Pikes peak Corvair Club picked up three new
members all of which were given a CORSA application and say they are going
to join.  I think I've won both the FC class and hard luck.  When we were
lining up to go to the park where the show was, my fuel pump decided to
start pouring gas out the side.  Of course my spare is sitting on my work
bench, 213 miles away.  Debbie got a ride to the show and was able to locate
6 spares so I was able to barrow one and was only 20 minutes late to the
show.  I was the only FC so I think I probably won.  Thanks to Jon Anderson
who is a lurker on this list for all his help getting the pump and getting
it changed.

A lot of people, myself included have been drooling over a almost perfectly
straight and absolutely no rust low mileage 66 Monza local showed up at the
hotel with.  Two other locals showed up one with a very original 63 Monza
coupe, looks good, but a recent respray, so you don’t know about rust and
another with a pretty original 64 Spyder coupe.  Looks like no rust on it
and it was original paint.

Lots old friends and cars, so we've had a great day.

Thanks to Steve Goodman who did most of the work to plan and make this event
a success.

dp