<VV> Harness crossover

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue May 22 16:39:41 EDT 2007

In a message dated 5/22/2007 12:09:28 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Wrsssatty at aol.com writes:

I've  always wonder as to the reason for this and thought, perhaps, it might
make sense for '62 and earlier Corvairs that did not have safety door
latches
because this set up would appear to be more likely to limit  lateral movement
of
a belted driver/passenger out the door if it popped  open during impact.  But
that's just speculation on my  part.

~Bill Stanley

Bill - I think it is to perform better restraint in the fore/aft movement.
If the belt is anchored around behind you, it is reaching you in a semi-circle,
 wrapping around some of the seat, when it stops and you go forward, the semi
 circle would try to straighten out, perhaps compressing the seat cushion it
is  wrapping around, and letting you go forward some. It the belt crosses over
to  the other side, it is already straighter at installation and would be
less  likely to allow forward movement. That's how I envision it. Having said
that, I note that the racing harness I have installed in my race car wraps
around to the hole behind the seat! Hmm - Maybe I should re-think that
installation. - Seth Emerson