<VV> power top motor problem

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 22 17:03:22 EDT 2007

The power top on the '69 just decided not to. Top is up, thanks.

  I could hear the relay click but no motor.

  I swapped a used motor and the original relay would click, but no motor.

  I replaced the relay with the one from the spare motor and the relay wouldn't click!

  I checked the power feed from the 30 amp  in the engine compartment. It was loose, but now relay would not click.

   ready to quit now!!

  I cannot find a schematic in all the books I have. Is there a separate LM pamphlet for the power top?

   PS checked all connections and cleaned them. Good ground. Both relays will work if I bench test them. Seems to be a power feed to the relay somehow. The under dash switch is working and has power to it. I did get both motors to run when bench tested.

MIKE KOVACS