<VV> While it's apart..! 1964 convertible

George Jones georgedjones at gmail.com
Tue May 29 08:56:30 EDT 2007

A little something I learned about replacing the shift shaft seal. If you
are going to do this without disassembling the transmission, after you get
the old seal out, and before you put the new seal in, clean the seat in the
transmission case and then coat it with a thin layer of black RTV. The
reason for this is that if the seat is damaged (not impossible when removing
the old seal), it will prevent leakage around the outside of the seal.

--
George Jones