<VV>Convertibles - Names

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 30 04:42:27 EDT 2007

Bill,

Using the older term (US anyway) a modern convert would be a Cabriolet.
Most converts would fit the definition, even an early 60s 4 door Lincoln
vert.  But a Roadster is not a Cabriolet.  A Roadster in the 20s and 30s had
roll down side windows like a tent and a Cabriolet has solid (glass) windows
which store in the doors and roll UP.  Personally, I only consider it to be
a cabriolet if it is a two (bucket?) or possibly three (bench?) seating
(coupe style with a soft retractable top) a rumble seat is a plus. <GRIN>

Later, JR

Once owned a '36 Cabriolet