<VV> Head Temps: New thoughts

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Wed May 30 13:53:08 EDT 2007

>That doesn't mean that your gauges are way out in
>left field, but I have seen factory gauges that are typically 15-25% off.

For a while I kept a new GM 3532954 oil pressure sensor on hand because at
least once a year one of our cars with 3800s would need one. Have seen read
low, high, and leak. Even GM says (in the service manual) when in doubt,
use a mechanical gauge.

I do have a dual CHT gauge in my Monza dash but that was more to find out
what it runs (280F-300F at the plug on the Interstate) and to fill the "You
were too cheap to buy a clock" hole in the dash - the AM/FM/CD in the glove
box is a much more accurate clock.

Could not avoid completely (too many English cars in youth) but oil
pressure gauge is on oil filter.

Padgett

http://cfcorvairs.us/vairsale