<VV> Fw: SMOKIN LOADSIDE... pix link fixed

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Wed May 30 14:58:54 EDT 2007

It looks to me like you're PCV is mixed up, (correct me if I'm wrong guys)
and the way it is, it probably acts like a giant vacuum leak.  The long
horizontal pipe running to your balance tube should be going to your air
cleaners assembly.  The arm that looks to be grafted on and is pointing up
should actually be a specific size orfice that runs to the balance tube.
The size of the orfice is somewhere in the CORSA Tech Guide, I believe.

I was faced with a similar situation on my Rampy.  I had a LM car engine and
didn't want to run the earlier road-draft tube.  I took the car PCV, and
hacked off the vertical part (don't use your current piece as a reference)
and plumbed it into the air cleaner assembly.  My local FLAPS had a fitting
for inside the air cleaner assembly with a piece of mesh (like a scotch
brite pad) that collects some of the oil a motor suffering from Blow-by
would be pumping into the air filters.

Regards,
Joel