<VV> vv - quoting entire posts - bad (no corvair)

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed May 30 22:13:29 EDT 2007

Oh man, it's never gonna stop.  While responding to the thread on not quoting entire posts in your response, Shaun McGarvey quotes an entire post.  And then he does it again!!

Seriously, is it that hard to edit your responses?  Is it?  It's not for me and I'm the laziest SOB I know.  It's not (just) a pet peeve, it really does make it hard to find the response.  It really is in our terms of use.  It really is unbelievable that it's that hard.  I would rather see Matt vs Hank flamewars than these half-page re-quotes.  Seriously.

If I was a normal VV participant, this is where I would get all marose and say I'm leaving VV because of all the nonsense blah, blah, blah.  But bad news, I'm staying! Settle down, I know you're all happy.  I realize the old dogs aint gonna learn any new tricks, I just have say something every once in a while.  I'll just continue to wade through all the long re-quotes, just know that when you do that, I'm saying really bad things about you in my head.  I hope you can live with that!

mikeH
disgruntled in VA