<VV> vv - quoting entire posts - bad (no corvair)

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 30 23:05:16 EDT 2007

Just to give a voice to the other side, I actually prefer the whole message
be left intact.  In fact, I prefer the whole thread.  Otherwise I often have
no clue (perhaps we need a period here) as to what is being discussed and
have to go back through my deleted item folder (which currently contains
63,979 messages to figure out what's been said.

If this was a thread based forum, it would be less important, but with the
current format, I'd prefer to see the guideline dropped.  I'm sure it was
originally instituted during the age of dial-up.

I get a LOT of e-mail, so I often don't have time to read everything every
day.  But, if I don't delete pretty much everything each day, I'll drown in
the backlog.  So, on days I have more time, I'm likely to come into a thread
in the middle.  I need the context clues.

Roger

<<Whatever went before...
<<Wonder what it was that prompted Roger to write this?......
<<Maybe he's just naturally annoying....