<VV> vv - quoting entire posts - bad (no corvair)

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu May 31 10:33:38 EDT 2007

Hi Roger,

There's some merit in what you say - however the guideline is there
also for digest readers who don't want to dig through lots of quotes
for a one line answer.  Also, the guideline is just that, a guide.
If the thread is complicated, it's a good idea to leave big parts of
it intact.  Certainly quoting enough of the post to make your answer
clear is a good idea.  However, we don't need (and I don't think you
are suggesting) five copies of the VV trailer.  That just wastes
space and you have to hunt past it to find the next message in a digest.

BTW, if you need to pick up a thread in its entirety, don't forget
the archives.  One of the options there is messages by thread:

http://www.vv.corvair.org/pipermail/virtualvairs/2007-May/thread.html

--Bryan