<VV> Quoting & Spyders -- both noisy, and Extinguishers

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Thu May 31 01:21:23 EDT 2007

 > Why, why, why do so many of you insist on quoting ENTIRE posts in
your replies.

> Why, huh? Do you have a good reason? I didn't think so. Stop it.

I don't know, why?

What I find to be really tiresome (I read this on digest) is entire threads, where the new comments are buried somewhere inside the quoted material -- and you can't just delete the one message when you are on digest ...

And I wish the guy with the "noisy" Spyder could tell us more about what noise it is that is bothersome -- fan, lifters, alternator, exhaust, turbo whine, wind whistle, tire noise -- I sort of like the Sounds of the Corvair, tells me all is right in the world. I like just standing in the parking lot after a club meeting just to hear every one of those marvelous machines depart -- ah, sweet music!  And yes, I have headers on the 356 -- don't need no Blauplunkt (sp?) that way!

Ever watch the fire department after a car fire? After the flaming stuff is put out, someone generally pops the hood and takes a pair of cable cutters to both battery cables.  A big pair of "dikes" next to the fire extinguisher can be a very sure-fire quick disconnect.