<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 27, Issue 131

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Thu May 31 20:22:56 EDT 2007

How much wiggle is there in the points cam/rotor shaft?  The dwell should respond to changes in points gap.  Too little dwell is too much gap.  How steady is your ignition timing mark at idle, and revved up?  I believe dwell meters do quite a bit of averaging, so they report one number no matter what is happening cylinder-to-cylinder or moment to moment.  A timing mark that jumps more than a few degrees is indicating an instability that is doing no good.

--
Dan Timberlake

Message: 12