<VV> car values

burkhard at rochester.rr.com burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Thu Nov 1 08:21:53 EST 2007

Ahhh, it all depends on the Porsche.  The 924, 944, and 928 while nice
cars, were not "real" Porsches in the eyes of most auto enthusiasts and
as a result have not held value over time. The current Cayenne (SUV)
will experience similar plumeting value as well.  Conversely, 911 and
Boxster/Cayman are seen as real Porsches and so will continue to be
embraced by enthusiasts when they are 20 years old, thus depreciating a
lot less.

Anybody who honestly buys cars as an financial investment is a bit
daffy.

Jim Burkhard