<VV> Convertible is home - reviving the engine?

Blaine Sanders utvairs at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 3 16:46:48 EST 2007

After an excruciating two week wait, I finally brought my new '64 Monza Convertible home today.  The engine is not completely froze up -- but it's stiff, and I don't dare try to turn it without asking some advice.  It has been sitting for 17 years without being turned over.  It has been in a bone-dry desert garage that entire time.  What should I do to loosen up those pistons?  WD-40 down the plug holes and let it sit for a couple days?  Motor oil?

Any advice appreciated,

Blaine