<VV> Was Great Looking Carbs NOW choke rod

Keith Hammett keith.hammett at stainlessfab.com
Wed Nov 7 09:08:46 EST 2007

Got home last night and looked at the upper choke rod and found the
threaded sleeve on it.  Now I knew that I had to remove the lower rod
and see if it was repairable or time for a new one.  After removal of
the lower shroud on the right side I looked at the choke coil and
wondered how I was going to get that rivet out of the head.  After some
thought the light bulb (no not the new florescent kind the old fashioned
I belief about 20 watt variety) came on.  Got the chisel and hammer out
and lightly tapped the rivet back and forth until I could grip it with a
pair of vice grips.  Once the vice grips were on it easily came out.
After a complete exam I determined that I could save the patient.

On to surgery:  The patient (lower rod) was cleaned (wired brushed) and
prepped (flux applied).  The patient was then moved to the operating
table (bench vise) and surgery started.  The severed limb (threaded
socket) was stitched (soldered) back on with no complications.  Once
surgery was completed the bandages were applied (paint).  The patient is
in recovery now and should be ready to go home (back on) tonight.

Thanks to all who replied to my previous post.  Your responses were very
helpful in making this possible.

Some pictures of the carbs and choke rods can be found at
http://community.webshots.com/user/cvair?vhost=community.  Sorry no
pictures were allowed after surgery, the patient did not feel up to it
(still wet).

Keith Hammett

Not a doctor but I slept at a...