<VV> Tank enemas - fuel problem

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Nov 7 11:03:14 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/7/2007 7:53:18 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
edmonds01 at bresnan.net writes:

Several  years ago I had the same problem. After disconnecting the gas
line from  the pump and removing the gas cap,  I pressurized the line by
blowing  into it, when that didn't work I used my compressor and
eventually could  hear air bubbling in the fuel tank.  Once this was
accomplished, gas  again flowed down the line and I never had any more
problems. (probably  should have emptied and cleaned the tank but I'm
kind o' lazy when it  comes to work and the problem never happened again)
Good  luck!
Clyde

Be careful with the air pressure applied in this fashion. Blowing our own
air into the line cannot supply enough pressure to damage anything, but a nice
100 PSI compressor air feed can. If improperly applied (as in plumbing it
directly into the line (not recommended) vs. using a PSI limiting blow gun
(recommended) the high pressure can damage hoses and blow the filter sock  assembly
off the pickup tube in the tank. If that happens, you will need to add  an
extra in-line filter and prepare to inspect it regularly. -  Seth