<VV> FM? XM - Sirius - HD Radio

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Nov 8 10:19:25 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/8/2007 2:36:33 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
ricknorris at suddenlink.net writes:

Got one  of them fancy satellite radios in my new Dodge truck. It stays on
channel 74  Sirrus blues! Also has an input jack for other audio devices.

Rick  Norris

> Forget AM
> Forget FM
> Forget  Cassettes
> Forget CDs
> I'm hooked on satellite  radio.

My 2002 Avalanche came with Onstar, but XM Radio was not yet  available.
Before making my solo cross-country tow to Kansas for the SCCA Solo  II nationals,
I had a drop-in Sony XM radio added. That was to present me with  choices in
the great un-populated areas, where FM is unknown - or extremely  local - and
AM consists of reactionary talk radio, bad country or Mariachi  music.
Satellite radio audio quality is just below CD, but either Sirius or XM  (someday
they will truly merge) offers so many choices. It really made the trip  much more
pleasant. My Corvette came with XM but any of the factory XM  installations
can easily be changed over to a Sirius radio. The trick  in any install, and
that includes the Corvair, is to pick a technology. My  Avalanche OnStar dies
next January, which means I get to buy a new radio. Since  I don't have to worry
about the Onstar interface, I am looking at radios with  all the newer
technology, like HD radio, which is local digital radio, now being  broadcast in
most places. The new unit must accept and control  iPod input, as well as one of
the two Satellite systems, and accept both MP3  disks and direct USB input. Of
course, since my Corvair is a race car, I don't  need a radio in there - just
the factory Radio Block-off plate! -  Seth