<VV> oil pan leak

Ernie Sanders epssax at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 21:19:35 EST 2007

I have an 80 hp engine recently rebuilt(low miles, 3
years ago).  I am getting an oil leak on the left rear
corner when its running!  It quits when I shut it
down.  There is a cork gasket and red RTV on both
sides of the gasket.  Tomorrow I'm taking off the
pan(beat up some)and a friend is going to try to
straighten it.  Will put a cork gasket back on.  Do I
use RTV?  Why does it quit when I shut it down?
Thanks.  Ernie in Louisville, KY