<VV> Re: shrouds and thermostats

Ronald Choy ronchoy at comcast.net
Sat Nov 10 23:22:13 EST 2007

I got annoyed with the usual tricks of thermostat attachment. I cut
two slots in the shroud and threaded the thermostat brackets. I now
have the choice of removing the shroud without removing the
thermostat. Also, because of the slots, I can adjust the thermostats
simply by sliding the thermostat assembly forward for a snug fit,
then tightening the bolts. The arrangement looks almost stock. And of
course, thermostat replacement is just a matter of twisting it off
the rod, with adjustments made easy by the slots. -ron 65,66