<VV> Re: shrouds and thermostats

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 11 08:57:47 EST 2007

Does that mean that you removed the rivets, threaded the holes that the rivets were in, then slotted the bottom of the sheet metal shroud to provide the adjustment? What size bolts size you use?

Ronald Choy <ronchoy at comcast.net> wrote:   I got annoyed with the usual tricks of thermostat attachment. I cut
two slots in the shroud and threaded the thermostat brackets. I now
have the choice of removing the shroud without removing the
thermostat. Also, because of the slots, I can adjust the thermostats
simply by sliding the thermostat assembly forward for a snug fit,
then tightening the bolts. The arrangement looks almost stock. And of
course, thermostat replacement is just a matter of twisting it off
the rod, with adjustments made easy by the slots. -ron 65,66

MIKE KOVACS