<VV> Need help with late model battery cable research

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sun Nov 11 20:03:15 EST 2007

Hi all,

Tom (on Cc: line) has done some AMAZING work. He has so far spent at least
two days at the Corvair Ranch going through every late model Corvair and
collecting battery cable info! This is 125 more cars to add to the list I
started at the Buffalo '05 convention and worked on again at Detroit '06!
Tom, thanks a TON!

The data are getting pretty clear on most of the cable changeovers. Two
specific things we could use help with:

1. Any '65 WRN car with body build date of 05D, 06A, or 06B, or VIN ending
between 266599 - 284567. If you have a car in this range, please check the
*positive* battery cable and let me know what the number is. Should be
2987264ZE or 2987281ZF.

2. Any '66 WRN car with a body build date of 12D or 01A, or VIN ending
between 135957 - 143392. If you have a car in this range, please check the
*negative* battery cable and let me know what the number is. Should be
2987251EM or 6289115EW.

In addition, we have extremely little data from cars equipped with
heavy-duty battery cables. As a result, we basically have no idea what the
original heavy-duty negative cable was in '65 (assy. manual says 2987283 or
and parts book says 6286125) or when the transition to 6286146ZE occurred.
And, we have very little data from LOS cars. I hope to collect more during
the Ventura '08 convention.

Thanks,

--Kent