<VV> cylinder heads for reliability

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 11 21:09:30 EST 2007

A question for the crowd: Which cylinder heads should be used for the most reliability? I just lost an intake valve seat on my 1963 Rampside 140HP PG. These heads were VERY deflashed.I have OTTO valve covers and oil pan.I am using a 12 plate cooler with both side plates. And it was 38 degrees at 5:00 AM in SW Colorado. My 3 choices are:1965 95HP heads, 1969 95HP heads (flat combustion chamber), or another 140HP. I am most in need of reliability and not performance or excessive use of the truck as a worktruck.Anyone?