<VV> cylinder heads for reliability

Bill Meglen tirediron at charter.net
Sun Nov 11 22:24:14 EST 2007

JR,

Read your post with some interest (concern!).

A friend is looking to rebuild an engine for his 1964 Monza convertible, PG
engine. Another engine will be rebuilt while driving the 'vert!

The case that is to be used is a 1965-1967 110 164 ci engine. Plans had been
to use 140 heads with a center mounted single carburetor. The rebuilt engine
will be paired with the 'Vert's existing PG which will be be rebuilt.

Again my friend wants reliability but would welcome performance if the cost
in reliability is not great.

Can you give reasons for your recommendation not, "ŠI would NOT use the
140."Š?

Would also welcome any other information or pointers to sources on adding
140 heads to a 110 PG case.

Bill
NV